Just when you realize you have to solve countless problems, your skins starts to bother you. After looking t in the mirror, you see a dull, pigmented and acne filled face full of worries. Immediately, you start thing what is the best way to achieve and maintain healthy glowing skin right? There are several things that can affect your skin like chemicals, dust, radiation or pollution and many more. Fruits are always best friends of over health and when it comes to glowing skin, they can be more than mere remedies. Take a look at top twenty fruits for glowing skin.
It is true that over skin a worse victim of poor lifestyle selections and ignorance. There may be certain things that affect your skin like “genes” but you can easily turn that around by paying attention to your diet. One of the very best ways to rejuvenate your skin is to include more fruits in your diet plan. You can also use them as fruit mask every alternate day. You know investing ten minutes every day can make a prominent difference in just two weeks.
Here is a complete guide to fruits for glowing skin. You will also find which fruit to apply and which one to eat for the healthy glowing skin. Let’s start our guide about Top 23 Fruits for Glowing Skin.
Top 23 Fruits for Glowing Skin
A fresh green cucumber contains a typical aroma that gives you fresh feeling without eating it. Cucumbers are high in water content that has a cooling effect on your body. It also contains antioxidant properties. Do you know unpeeled cucumbers are full of dietary fiber, Vitamin K, and C.? You can use Cucumber for skin healing in the following way.
How to Use Cucumber for Glowing Skin
- Mix grated cucumber, 1 tablespoon of sugar and a lime juice to scrub your feet and hands.
- Add cucumber to your sandwiches, wraps, salads, smoothies etc.
- Make a glass of refreshing cucumber pulpy juice. Add a dash of lime juice, pink Himalayan salt and roasted cumin powder for flavor and taste.
- Mix grated cucumber, one tablespoon of coconut oil and one tablespoon of milk to moisturize your dry skin.
- Use cucumber as a snack in the evening.
- Mix grated cucumber with one tablespoon of rose water and one tablespoon of gram flour to reduce inflammation in acne prone skin.
Every health conscious don’t like bananas due to weight gain reasons but the one suffering from constipation will love this amazing fruit. Banana is rich in vitamins A, C, K, and E, dietary fiber, folate and essential minerals like magnesium, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. Not only it an excellent moisturizer but it also has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Let’s look at some effective ways of using a banana for health and glowing skin.
How to use Banana for Glowing Skin
- Mash a banana and apply it all over the skin to make naturally soft and supple instantly.
- Prepare banana bread and banana muffins.
- Add banana to cornflakes or oatmeal for breakfast.
- Add a banana to your breakfast bowl or smoothie.
Lemon is a popular natural bleaching agent. This fruit is rich in vitamin C. Being a powerful antioxidant it helps to flush out toxins. It also helps to protect skin from hyperpigmentation and photodamage. If you have dark spots, uneven pigmentation, keratinization or acne scars, use a lemon to get glowing skin. Let’s look at some of the best ways of using lemon for glowing skin.
How to Use Lemon for Glowing Skin
- For oily skin with acne scars or pigmentation, mix lemon juice with rose water. Dap it on the skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- For dry skin with pigmentation, mix coconut oil with lemon juice. Dab it on your skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Simply add lemon juice to salads.
- Add 1 teaspoon of organic honey and ½ lemon juice to one glass water. Drink it in the morning before using anything else. This mixture flushes out toxins from the body.
- Rub lemon and sugar on the keratinized areas to lighten your skin tone and minimize keratinization.
The juice, pulpy and sweet orange has an intoxication smell and vibrant color. Do you know orange is a wonder fruit for skin? Orange is a rich vitamin C fruit with 100 grams of oranges contain 54mgs of vitamin C. It proves that orange can help to prevent photo-damage, oxidative damage, reduces inflammation, DNA damage and aid collagen synthesis. Here are some best ways to use orange for glowing skin.
How to use Orange for Glowing Skin
- For dry skin, mix 1 teaspoon of honey, ½ teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of milk, 3 tablespoons of orange juice and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and apply it on your skin.
- For oily skin, mix 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of orange juice, ½ teaspoons of turmeric, and 2 tablespoons of gram flour and apply as a pack.
- Try to add orange juice to a smoothie.
- Try to eat 1-2 oranges every alternate day.
- Apply orange juice topically to pigmentation. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Add orange juice to your chocolates, pizza, salad, cakes, and stew.
- Drink fresh orange juice with pulp. If you are suffering from a stomach ulcer or IBS/IBD, avoid the pulp.
Avocado is rich in dietary fiber, healthy fats, vitamins A, C, E, K, B6, folate, niacin and pantothenic acid. It contains antioxidant properties which help to reduce oxidative damage to prevent DNA damage. Avocado promotes healthy aging due to its rich lutein and zeaxanthin properties which secure your skin from UV radiation. The healthy fats are vital for reducing inflammation, retaining skin elasticity, increasing wound healing abilities. Here are effective ways of using Avocado for glowing skin.
How to use Avocado for Healthy Skin
- Make a spinach and avocado smoothie.
- Add this fruit to wraps, burritos, salads, sandwiches, breakfast bowl, etc.
- Mash one avocado and apply on skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Use avocado in making cakes or as a topping.
- For oily skin, mash a small avocado with a pinch of camphor and rose water. Apply it on your skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
6. Water Melon
This red, sweet, watery, fleshy and refreshing has countless health benefits. It is the best food for your skin, especially acne-prone and oily skin. Watermelon contains water, dietary fiber, sugar, carbs, vitamin A, C, B1 and B6, flavonoids, carotenoids, and lycopene. It is cholesterol free fruit with zero fat. Lycopene aids in scavenging the free oxygen radicals and rescue skin damage. Water flushes out toxins and increases bowel movement. Let’s take a look at how to use watermelon for glowing skin.
How to Use Watermelon for Glowing Skin
- For dry skin, mix 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera and one tablespoon of honey. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix one teaspoon of aloe vera, 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lime juice and apply on your skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Prepare a fruit salad using watermelon.
- Mash a watermelon and apply it on the skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Add watermelon to add a zing to a dull smoothie.
- Use a medium bowl of watermelon for breakfast or an afternoon snack. Drink freshwater juice in the morning or evening.
Papaya contains vitamin A, C, B, folate, pantothenic acid and essential minerals such as potassium, copper, and magnesium. It also has enzymes such as chymopapain and papain which prevent skin damage by free radicals. It has antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. Consuming papaya helps to prevent constipation which is an important reason for poor skin health. Papaya helps to treat corns, eczema, warts and cutaneous tubercles. Health experts also proved that it can help chronic skin ulcers and heal wounds. If you are suffering from pigmentation, scars and digestive issues, you need to include papaya in your routine diet and beauty regimen. Take a look at how to use Papaya for glowing skin.
How to use Papaya for Glowing Skin
- For dry and flaky skin, apply mashed papaya with a half teaspoon of almond oil. Wipe it using a soft wet cloth after 15 minutes.
- Mix mashed papaya with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric and lemon juice. Apply the mixture to the scarred and pigmented areas. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Apply mashed papaya on your skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Eat a bowl of papaya for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Make a papaya scrub with a small piece of papaya, 1 tablespoon of rose water (oily skin only) or honey (dry skin only and one teaspoon of orange peel. Apply the scrub on your skin in gentle circular motions. Rinse the scrub with room temperature water.
- Make a papaya smoothie by blending lemon juice, papaya, and pink Himalayan salt.
The fleshy and sweet mangoes are ideal for rejuvenating the skin. Mango is rich in flavonoids, vitamin A, E, C and K, xanthophyll, beta-carotene, and polyphenols. This healthy fruit helps to protect your skin from inflammation and DNA damage. Mangoes are rich in dietary fiber and sugar which is ideal for treating constipation. Do you know mango is a vital part of the cosmetic industry to make hair and skin better? Here are various ways of using mangoes for a healthy glowing skin.
How to use Mango for Glowing Skin
- For dry skin, apply a mask of 1 teaspoon of yogurt, mashed mango and 1 teaspoon of honey. Rinse off with room temperature water after 15 minutes.
- For oily skin, mix rose water, mango and lime juice. Apply the mixture to your skin. After 10 minutes, wash with cold water.
- Try to consume 1-2 mangoes every day.
- You can add mango to your fruit salad, breakfast bowl, and a smoothie.
- Make mango cake, ice cream or smoothie.
- Mash a small mango and apply all over your skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Apple contains vitamin A and C, magnesium, calcium, dietary fiber, and potassium. Apples are rich in antioxidant properties and aids scavenge the nasty free oxygen radicals. The apple’s peel is also rich in antioxidants. Don’t peel an apple rather eat it in a natural shape. Wash it to remove bacteria and dirt. Here are some best ways of using apple for a flawless glowing skin.
How to Use Apple for Glowing Skin
- Add an apple to make apple juice or smoothie.
- Eat 1-2 apples every day as a snack.
- Add apples to a cake batter.
- For dry skin mix 1 teaspoon of honey with grated apple and apply it on your skin. Rinse off using warm water after 15 minutes.
- Add apple slices to your oatmeal, breakfast bowl or cornflakes.
- Add it to baby spinach and tuna salad.
- Grate an apple and apply it on the skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
Do you often feel you are overexposed to the sun and pollution? Let’s share the skin benefits of pomegranate. Pomegranate is rich in vitamin C, K, folate and essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. The membrane, peel and edible seeds are rich in antioxidants that protect skin from UV-A and UV-B damage and skin pigmentation. Look at some effective ways of using pomegranate for treating skin problems.
How to use Pomegranate for Glowing Skin
- Make a face pack with 1 teaspoon of fuller’s earth, 1 tablespoon of gram flour, 2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice 1 teaspoon of lime juice to treat oily skin pigmentation.
- Mash pomegranate seeds and apply the juice to the affected area. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- If you have dry skin, don’t use fuller’s earth, replace it with honey or milk in the above-mentioned mask for oily skin.
- Eat one whole pomegranate every day.
- Add pomegranate to salad, fruit salad, breakfast bowl, smoothies, cakes, juice, baba ganoush, and hummus.
Eating or applying strawberries can help to get a clear and spotless skin. Strawberries are an excellent source of alpha-hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) and vitamin C. Salicylic acid is widely used in acne treatment creams because it penetrates deep into the pores and cleans them. They also contain ellagic acid which protects the skin from UV radiation and prevents collagen destruction and wrinkle formation. Here are some best ways for a healthy glowing skin.
How to Use Strawberries for Glowing Skin
- Add strawberries to a morning smoothie.
- Add strawberries to muffins or cakes.
- Adding strawberries to breakfast bowl is another best option.
- Halve them and add them to a salad.
- Apply mashed strawberries to the skin. Rinse off using cold water after 15 minutes.
The juicy and sweet apricots with a humble look are best for protecting the human body from free oxygen radicals. Apricot is rich in vitamins A, C, K, and folate. It is also rich in dietary fiber which aids improve bowel movement. Health experts also found that an apricot helps to prevent endothelial cell death. Here are some best ideas for using apricots for skin health.
How to use Apricot for Glowing Skin
- Make a juice, breakfast bowl or smoothie of chopped apricots.
- Use 2-3 apricots as an evening snack.
- Adding apricots to your jelly, jams, pie, salad, and tarts are also best ways of getting more out of apricot.
- Apply thinly sliced apricots on the pigmented area of skin. Remove them after 15 minutes.
Gooseberry ( Amla ) is a sour fruit loaded with vitamin C. The fruit contains antioxidant properties. They have wound healing, anti-inflammatory and GI tract soothing properties. They also promote procollagen production. Gooseberries have been widely used in the cosmetic industry for its great skin benefits. Here are some best ways of getting more out gooseberries for glowing skin.
How to Use Gooseberries for Glowing Skin
- Add gooseberry pieces to juice or smoothie.
- Prepare its juice and store it in the fridge.
- Chop seeded gooseberries and let them dry in the sun. Use a glass jar to store them. Pop 1 or 2 pieces of dried gooseberry in your mouth after lunch daily.
Kiwi contains a healthy amount of vitamin C and helps to protect the skin from the toxic free oxygen radicals which lead to DNA damage. They also stimulate collagen synthesis to prevent wrinkles. Look at these different ways of using Kiwi to improve skin health.
How to use Kiwi for Glowing Skin
- Adding chopped kiwi to your salad can add new flavor to it.
- Blend a Kiwi and add 1 teaspoon honey to it to enjoying the refreshing juice.
- Blend Kiwi with grapefruit and spinach to make a soothing morning smoothie.
- Apply mashed Kiwi on your skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Peel and slice a Kiwi and use it as an evening snack.
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric to a mashed kiwi. Apply it to lighten and hydrate your skin.
Delicious red and sweet cherries are not only tasty but they have great benefits for treating and protecting skin from damages. Cherries are loaded with dietary fiber, vitamin A, C, K and folate and essential minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, and magnesium. They have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that prevent skin from various damages. Here are the best ways of using cherries to get a flawless glowing skin.
How to Use Cherries for Glowing Skin
- Apply mashed cherries on your skin and wash after 15 minutes.
- Add chopped cherries to your salad.
- Eat a small bowl of cherries in morning or evening.
- You can add them to small custard or yogurt bowl.
Both red and green grapes are rich in an antioxidant known as “resveratrol”. This antioxidant has been found very useful for protecting skin from skin cancer and UV damage. Grapes are loaded with essential minerals like phosphorus, potassium, calcium and vitamin C, K and folate. Grape seed extract contains protecting, rejuvenating and healing properties. Following are most effective ways using Grapes for a glowing and healthy skin.
How to Use Grapes for Glowing Skin
- Add grapes to fruit salad to make it tastier.
- Eat a small bowl of grapes daily.
- Add red sweet grapes to chicken stew to add a sweet edge.
- Adding grapes to morning smoothie is another best option.
- Use a bowl of grapes in your breakfast.
- Apply mashed grapes on your skin and rinse off using cold water after 15 minutes.
Do you know this subtle-tasting and watery muskmelon is a wonderful remedy for glowing skin? Muskmelon is loaded with vitamin A, C, K and folate, dietary fiber and important minerals like sodium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and calcium. It has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Muskmelons are also known for treating psoriasis. One can never ignore the importance of muskmelon for skin treatment. Look at these skin benefits of muskmelon.
How to Use Muskmelon for Glowing Skin
- Mash a muskmelon and apply it to your skin. Rinse off after 15 minutes. Adding muskmelon to your fruit salad is another best idea.
- Consume a medium bowl of muskmelon after two hours of lunch or in the evening.
- Add grape juice and 2-3 drops of lime juice to mashed muskmelon. Use it on your skin to get rid of uneven pigmentation.
Whether you eat a peach or use it as a face mask, the peach will never disappoint you. Peach is tasty fruit with vitamins A, C, E and K and significant minerals like magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and dietary fiber. Peach has antioxidant properties that aids scavenge the free oxygen radicals to prevent photodamage and DNA damage. Look at these best options for using Peach for glowing skin.
How to Use Peach for Glowing Skin
- Make a peach smoothie or juice.
- You can add peach to your dessert.
- Add sliced peaches to breakfast bowl.
- Place thin slices of peach all over your skin. Remove them after 10 minutes and wipe the face using a wet cloth.
They are dried plums with rich fiber content, vitamin A, K, niacin, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Constipation is one of the prime reasons for skin dullness and acne prone which can be prevented by fiber present in prunes. Prune juice is known for increasing the weight of stool and stimulating a bowel movement. Try prune juice if you are suffering from constipation. Here are some effective ways of using prunes for a healthy glowing skin.
How to Use Prune for Glowing Skin
- Use prune juice in your morning smoothie.
- Drink prune juice before eating anything in the morning.
- Apply prune juice on your skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of rose water, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of prune juice. Apply the mixture on your skin and rinse off after 15 minutes.
Is there anyone who doesn’t like pineapple at any time? Pineapple is loaded with protein, minerals like phosphorus, potassium and calcium, dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, and folate. This fruit has an enzyme known as bromelain which has anticancer, wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. Using pineapple on the burnt skin can help to remove dead skin cells and boosts the healing process. Here are few best skin benefits pineapples.
How to use Pineapple for Glowing Skin
- Mix 1 teaspoon of milk with pineapple juice. Apply the mixture to your skin and wash after 15 minutes.
- Adding pineapple to a desert is one best option.
- You can use a small pineapple bowl for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Add pineapple to stews, burritos, pizza, wraps etc.
- Toss pineapple with pomegranate, spinach, cilantro, and cucumber to prepare a delicious salad.
A single plum contains 8g of fiber which is four times more than a small apple. Pimples and acne leave unsightly dents and blemishes. You can avoid them simply by eating fiber loaded foods such as plums.
How to Use Plum for Glowing Skin
- Add them to your routine diet.
- Use a plum juice for soothing effects.
- Try to eat 2-3 plums after lunch.
Carrot is popular for its benefits for eyesight but one can’t neglect the importance of carrots as fruits for healthy skin. It has beta-carotene and vitamin A, an antioxidant which secures overproduction of cells in the outer layer of skin. Vitamin A has the ability to reduce the skin-cancer cells development. Here are few best ways of using a carrot for glowing skin.
How to use Carrot for Glowing Skin
- Drink a fresh juice of carrot in the morning.
- Adding carrot to salad is the best option.
- You can use it for lunch or diet in tons of ways.
Blueberries are one of the best super-foods with countless health benefits. Being a powerful antioxidant, it helps the body quash cell-damaging and skin-aging free radicals. It also boosts the strength of collagen fibers due to a high value of anthocyanins. Blueberries are also an ideal source of prebiotics fiber-rich foods. Blueberries are also known for healing your immune system. Look at the best ways of using blueberries for a healthy glowing skin.
How to use Blueberries for Glowing Skin
- Use a blueberries bowl as a breakfast.
- Use it in your desserts.
- Have a small bowl after lunch.
These are some of the very best fruits for glowing skin. Don’t eat oil and deep-fried foods. Try to have more veggies, nuts, fish oil and fruits and also drink the proper amount of water to keep your skin glowing, healthy and clear.